What does the NANN Small Grants Committee do?
The Small Grants Committee of the Research Institute Steering Council oversees the application grant process, reviews submissions, and supports the work of the recipients and mentors as needed to ensure optimal outcomes, adherence to timelines, reporting, and overall success of each grant.
What kind of volunteer is NANN looking for?
- Currently practicing in neonatal nursing in a wide variety of roles such as clinical care, education, research, administration, or consulting.
- DNP and PhD prepared members.
- Research experience, specifically the writing, reviewing, and administration of grants.
- Detail oriented, willing to spread the word to your networking about open positions.
- Ability to meet deadlines and attend required virtual meetings.
What is the time commitment?
The call for Small Grant proposals will open at the end of the year and close in mid-March. The bulk of the workload will take place from March through April. The Small Grants Committee members will be asked to review and grade submissions and select the three grant winners. We estimate around 10 to 15 hours of work total.
How long is the term?
This is a two-year commitment with the option to serve an additional term.